Free Case Review

Free Case Review

Personal Injury and Car Accidents

$60,000 for a 15 year old girl who was a passenger in a vehicle involved in a head-on collision

RAM Law Attorney Edward Rebenack settled a case this week for $60,000. The client was 15 yr old girl, passenger in a vehicle on Rt. 518 in Montgomery, NJ. Another vehicle heading in the opposite direction crossed over the center lane result...

Filed Under: Ed Rebenack Tagged With:
Do I have to pay taxes on a personal injury settlement?

A personal injury damage award is not subject to Federal or State income tax. The Internal Revenue Code and the New Jersey Gross Income Tax Act excludes from gross income the amount of any damages received on account of personal injuries or...

Filed Under: Accidents Tagged With:
Can I rent a car if my car is damaged or totaled after an accident?

Following a motor vehicle accident, your car or truck may be damaged or totaled. However, you still need access to a vehicle while your car or truck is being repaired or replaced. Renting a car may be your only option. Reimbursement for the...

Filed Under: Insurance Coverage Tagged With:
Do I have to speak to the other driver’s insurance company after a car accident?

If you’re involved in a car accident, you should not talk to the other person’s insurance company without first consulting with a lawyer – read this post to find out why. When involved in a car accident, you should not ta...

Filed Under: Accidents Tagged With:
If I start a personal injury lawsuit, how much of my time will the lawyer need?

The process for a personal injury lawsuit is quite standard, with the discovery period being the lengthiest part of the process. This can take up to a year to complete as both sides in the case prepare questions and collect evidence. All p...

Filed Under: Ed Rebenack Tagged With:
What happens if a drunk driver injures me in an accident?

When a drunk driver causes an accident, the fact that the driver is drunk might be significant. The first question is whether the intoxication was a factor in the way that an accident happened. If not, your claim will be no different than a...

Filed Under: Ed Rebenack Tagged With:
How does my verbal threshold insurance coverage affect my claims after a car accident?

The “verbal threshold,” also known as the “tort threshold” and “limited right to sue” is an option that a policyholder can select when purchasing auto insurance. (N.J.S.A. 39:6A-8 contains the relevant statutory provisions if yo...

Filed Under: Personal Injury and Car Accidents Tagged With:
Do I have to first see my primary care doctor for injuries after a car accident?

People that suffer injuries in car accidents often have questions about what kind of medical treatment they are permitted to get in the first few days after the accident.  The short answer is that you can get any medically necessary em...

Filed Under: Personal Injury and Car Accidents Tagged With:
If I file a claim for injuries, does the person I sue have to pay anything personally?

Whenever you file a lawsuit for someone’s negligence, such as a car accident, you file the lawsuit directly against that person. If your lawsuit goes to trial and the jury gives you a judgment, the judgment will be awarded against the oth...

Filed Under: Accidents Tagged With:
$625,000 Jury Verdict Obtained

RAM Law obtained a $625,000 jury verdict in a multi-car accident case. Our attorneys used the latest trial technology to present out client's case....

Filed Under: Craig Aronow Tagged With:

Contact Our Office

To schedule a confidential consultation, contact us online or call our offices, in New Brunswick at (732) 247-3600, in Somerville at (908) 448-2560, or in Freehold at (732) 828-2234.

Reach Out For A


Multiple Offices Across New Jersey

New Brunswick

111 Livingston Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

Phone: (732) 247-3600


21 North Bridge Street
Somerville, NJ 08876

Phone: (908) 448-2560


31 W. Main Street 1st Floor
Freehold, NJ 07728

Phone: (732) 828-2234