If I get hurt on someone else’s property, do they have to pay my medical expenses?

Millions Wonfor our clients

Experienced TruckAccident Attorneys

Board CertifiedAttorneys

You OnlyPay us if we win

When an injury occurs on someone else’s property, the owner might be responsible for your medical bills.

Many insurance policies have coverage known as “med pay.” Med pay will provide reimbursement for your medical bills not otherwise covered by your health insurance. For this coverage, it does not matter whom, if anyone, is at fault for the accident. Usually the coverage requires you to first incur the medical expense. Many policies also require you to present the claim within 1 year of the accident date. Med pay coverage is usually in the $5,000 to $15,000 range.

If med pay does not exist, you can still seek reimbursement of medical expenses from the owner, but only if the owner is at fault for the accident. This requires a claim directly against the property owner. The process is no different from seeking compensation for injuries from the accident. You should, of course, document all injuries and events relating to the accident, and get the advice of a lawyer when preparing the claim.


About RAM Law

RAM Law represents all of Central Jersey in personal injury cases and is staffed by experienced accident and injury attorneys. We provide legal help for victims of slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, truck and car accidents, and other personal injuries.

Contact Our Office

To schedule a confidential consultation, contact us online or call our offices, in New Brunswick at (732) 247-3600, in Somerville at (908) 448-2560, or in Freehold at (732) 828-2234.

Reach Out For A


Multiple Offices Across New Jersey

New Brunswick

111 Livingston Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901


21 North Bridge Street
Somerville, NJ 08876


31 W. Main Street 1st Floor
Freehold, NJ 07728

Free Case Review

Free Case Review