What happens if the driver that caused a car accident does not have enough insurance for my injuries?

Millions Wonfor our clients

Experienced TruckAccident Attorneys

Board CertifiedAttorneys

You OnlyPay us if we win

liability insurance
If the person who caused the accident has liability insurance for less than the value of your injuries, you may be able to pursue a claim for underinsured motorist (UIM) benefits from your own insurance company. Most automobile insurance policies in New Jersey contain UIM coverage. For example, if you are injured in an accident and the other driver only has $15,000 in liability coverage and you have UIM coverage with limits of $100,000, you can make a claim for an additional $85,000 from your own insurance company. If you have UIM coverage, you can sue your own insurance company in order to obtain compensation for your personal injuries. It is important to hire an experienced personal injury law firm to ensure that all available insurance coverage it utilized in your case.

Contact Us

If you have been injured because of the wrongful act of a doctor, nurse or other medical professional, an accident lawyer can help. For a free initial consultation, contact us by e-mail or call our offices, in New Brunswick at 732-247-3600 or in Somerville at 908-448-2560.

Contact Our Office

To schedule a confidential consultation, contact us online or call our offices, in New Brunswick at (732) 247-3600, in Somerville at (908) 448-2560, or in Freehold at (732) 828-2234.

Reach Out For A


Multiple Offices Across New Jersey

New Brunswick

111 Livingston Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901


21 North Bridge Street
Somerville, NJ 08876


31 W. Main Street 1st Floor
Freehold, NJ 07728

Free Case Review

Free Case Review